Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Philippians 2:14


Today I took some time to go and be alone 
I went to place I've waked to a few times over the past two weeks
a little stone wall over looking the ocean
the only things I brought alone were my Bible, Journal and my Ipod
while I was reading in Philippians I found this verse

Do everything without complaining and arguing
Philippians 2:14

this verse really stuck out to me
its short, simple and right on point for my life
I find my self complaining or arguing a lot when I think back over my life
My parents would ask me to do something I would probably argue to get out of doing it,
If I went to a restaurant and my food wasn't just so I would complain and send it back, 
If I had any homework or studying to do for classes I didn't feel like doing
well you guessed it I would complain 

Our attitudes as Christians define us
If were out in the world professing to be a Christian
but then the next minute complaining or arguing
people are going to get mixed feelings
there going to see us claiming one thing and then acting another
as a Christians we are called to live like Christ
never once in the bible does it say that Jesus argued or complained about the situations he was in.

this is something that has really convicted me over the years
but yet its something I continue to do 
I have no excuse 
no reason as to why 
but its something I am going to consciously try to change
so my challenge to you is to think about it next time your arguing with someone or complaining about this or that
others are watching and will take note of the way you respond to a situation
who know the way you handle that situation could lead someone to Christ





1 comment:

  1. Hey there!
    I just found your blog, and I love it!
    I followed you :)
    Check out my blog, It’s a Love Story and follow me! Please :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...