Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just a Little Hike

this past Friday I went hiking at La Campana National Park
I was a pretty low key hike 
not to hard but not the easiest hike I've ever done
but I've never been much of a hiker  
not because I didn't like it 
 just because its never been a really accessible hobby for me 
but in Chile there are basically mountains in ever part of the county the Andy's Run the length of it
so I've gotten to go hiking twice and both times at the same park
this past Friday I went with my school 
we had a guide with us to tell us about all the different plants and stuff 
it was really beautiful out there
The flora there is really weird to me
I looks strangely like Jurassic Park we you look out from a distance
There is massive palm trees ever where  which is the main reason it reminds me of that movie
but as you walk through it you see huge cactus's everywhere to
it strange seeing big old palm trees and then right next to it seeing a giant cactus
we hiked for about 5 hours
Im not sure of the exact distance but I think it was around 6 or 7 miles
while we were hiking around we ran into some wild cows 
apparently there is a lot of them in the park 
this hike got me real excited and nervous about the big hike I'm about to go on soon
I've never camped or hiked before so the next one is going to be 
testing my limits for the whole out doors thing
Hiking is such a fun sport
and one I hope to continue doing once I get home















post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...