Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another Country Checked Off the List

I just got back in town from a fabulous trip to
Buenos Aires,Argentina
this city is so much Like NYC sometimes I would forget I was even in Argentina
everything look like that city from the buildings to the way people were hustling along
I love it there
when I was trying to decide where I was going to study abroad it was between Chile and there
I ws such a hard decision choosing but obviously i chose Chile (right choice for me)
I think I would have loved living there since it was so much like NYC
but Vina is just a totally chill beach town so its just a amazing!
this trip was a fun trip full of SHOPPING
that is seriously all there is to do there that we saw.
So for 4 days straight we shopped till we dropped 
we went to the mall everyday
we shopped at the street markets
and we went in a billion little street boutiques 
the whole beachy style or like hippie style is really popular there
I really don't know how to describe it
lots of lace which I loved
and lots of white and browns
and of course leather since that's like a staple in Argentina
I ended up getting myself a leather purse since I ended up not  paying the 140 dollar entrance fee
(which I was so totally stoked about)
We did shop a lot but..
we did manage to take a little tour bus around the city 
our first day there was really nasty so we hopped on the double decker tour bus and road around for like 3 hours that day.
we saw all the major things there 
basically little statues everywhere and some museums
 we also planned on going to Uruguray but the boat ride there was 90 dollars we just could spend that much on such a short little boat ride!
and of course we ate
and we ate good!!
Argentina is know for their good and cheap steaks
and boy were they good!!
we ended up eating in the mall food court a lot because ti was the only place where we could all find something we like 
there food courts are a lot different than the States
they don't really have fast food restaurants 
its more like site down restaurant food that you just take to go
they had steak restaurants that they cooked fresh steaks on a charcoal grill right in front of you 
and they were so so so good and so so so cheap 
I got a big steak, fry's and a coke for about 8 American dollars
good deal if I say so myself!!
but I think the highlight of the weekend was the Hard Rock Cafe
Tawni and I have seriously been talking about that place for the past month and a half
we've been counting down the days till we got to eat the yummy potato skins and nachos!!

side note:
our plane ride into Buenos Aires was probably the scariest plane ride I have ever been on
the turbulence was so bad
 the plane dropped for a few seconds 
all I could think was that we were about to crash 
and then the engines started making noises I'e never heard before 
I just sat in the chair and prayed for the whole 20 minutes that the plane was trashing around
I don't know if I have ever been that scared in my life
my nerves were shot by the time that plane landed!!


here are some pictures from the trip
I didn't take a whole lot for some reason 
probably to distracted by all the shopping


and last little video of us dancing the Tango
we were pretty good if i must say so myself
for just learning off a little thing on the sidewalk


besides the plane ride we had such a fantastic trip 
I was really relaxing compared to Peru 
We slept in
and pretty much didn't worry about doing something every minute of the day!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...