Saturday, October 22, 2011

Numbering Our Day

as I sit here right now all I can think about is getting home
I have 7 weeks left here in Chile
and you think that I would be dreading the thought of it ending
I've gotten to travel a lot
School well lets just say that is never an issue here and I've had lots of free time
and I've meet some pretty incredible people here
so why and I so ready to get home
I have no idea 
but after a week of this whole homesickness thing
It finally hit me today that I only have 7 weeks left
time has flown by 
there is still so much I want to do and see here
I want to buy a kite and fly it on the beach,
go to Santiago and shop,
and see the whales in southern Chile,
but lately all I've done is think about home and all the things that come with it
I've forgotten about where I am now 
and that  I still have a month and a half left here in Chile

this is sorta a some what similar issue that we as Christians face daily
we all have friends or acquaintances that are not believer 
and we know that we need to be the one who shares the the love of Jesus with them
but we put it off 
we think we tomorrow or next week 
but the fact is we are not guaranteed tomorrow
were only guaranteed that the present
this is something I really struggle with
I have fear that I don't know what to say,
 that I will just mess up a friendship,
or I just don't make the time for it
but that is not fair
I'm making selfish excuses
excuses that could cost someone their eternal life
I need to, as a Christian, take the chance 
and really invest my life and really share God's love

I don't know if these two issues are related at all
but to me they are
we need to live in the moment 
take chances 
and invest in the people around us today 
because who knows we may not be around tomorrow 



take a chance this weekend invest in someone who need its!!
hope everyone is having a wonderful fall weekend
love you all


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...