Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lincoln, Gettysburg, & Slavery

I'm not a history buff 
I don't know what date the Civil War Started
or even when the battle of Gettysburg was!
but this semester I decided to take a Civil War and Reconstruction class
why you may ask
well I needed one more upper lever class and 
well that was all that was left for me.
I've always enjoyed history 
I mean I've take about 4 history classes in college for no good reason except
 for the fact that I loved learning about the history of the world.
There is just something so fascinating about seeing the way
 the world lived 200, 600 or even 2,000 years ago!
 There is so much we can learn from our ancestors they've seen
 so much in the short time of this world.
although I love learning about history this class has proved to be a lot harder than I expected
I've really struggled to keep up with my notes and my readings.

There are guys in my class that can literally tell you every name
of every general that fought in the war.

In class we are graded on participation and well I just lack in knowledge  
about anything Civil War related
which leaves me to where I'm at now watching a TV series called
Ken Burns: The Civil War
on a Saturday night
my teacher shows clips from this in class and I found it on Hulu 
last night and decided it would probably help me to watch these little learning episodes 
im really hoping this helps all the info stick a little better in my mind!
we have our first test this Friday 
so this week is completely dedicated to the Civil War
and I will be an almost expert by Friday!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...