Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Finished Product

like I said earlier this week I spent the weekend crafting 
it kind of ran over into the week
but I finally finished up my bed room Monday afternoon 
with the help of my wonderful friend Kelsey
so without further ado here is is!!

 
I originality wanted to do a window but I couldn't find one in my price range anywhere here 
so I decided to go for the picture frame and wreath idea
the frame was 10 dollars
and the wreath was 2.99 with coupon
both were bought at Michaels
I painted the frame first a cream color
then i lightly painted it blue 
and then completely covered it in green and sanded it down 
to make the wreath all i did was buy a few sheets of felt they were 29 cents a piece
you can find the tutorial here
there very easy and take only a few minutes to make


I saw the idea for a sign on pinterest 
so I decided to try it out
I went to home depot and found where they sell the boars that are smaller 
i think they may be scraps I don't really know
they told my i could use a hand saw to cut the wood to the size i wanted
so I tried that and well it didn't work out to well
luckily a man came by and he took it over to the electric saw and cut it for me
and was even nice enough to give it to me for free!
it was a lot longer than what I wanted but it still turned out pretty good
all i used was some of those 49 cent paints from Michaels
i watered it down and the used a paper towel to wipe away to make the "distressed" look
 this project cost me about 2 dollars to make with the paint and brushes



this was the easiest project out of them all
all i did was use two mason jars and wrap twin around the top 
and I hot glued 3 loops to make the part where it hangs from
we had the little brackets at the house and Kelsey had extra mason jars so this cost me a 
total of 2 dollars for the twine


this is the finished look above my bed 
i still want to add one more thing on the left side but
 im just not sure what to add yet
so if you have any suggestions let me know!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by :) You have such a cute blog! I love all the projects!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...