Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"C"

you always hear older women talking about a friend they've know since they were in 
elementary school.
Well I've got one of those
I know im not like 80 years old 
But I know that when I am 80 ill be sitting on my front porch with all my little great grand kids
at my feet telling them about my friend Lindsey 
you see we have known each other since we were in like the 4th grade
im not going to say we were best friends then but we did know each other
through elementary and middle school
but it wasn't till we moved to the new high school in 11th grade that we really became besties
some of my favorite memories of High school were spent with her 
we had to suffer through 1st period together for 2 years with the same teacher
(I really loved her calculator so much!),
built a  skeleton out of card board in anatomy class
(Only to have our teacher step on and rip his leg and make us build a new leg without a model),
making a "AEC" product movie for Chemistry
calcium water is the only product I can remember that we made up
(we receiving the only 100 the teacher ever gave out for that project out of all the years she taught),
wearing footie pjs to school for spirit week,
having Steve B's pizza dates in our tacky wear,
and many more
Then the end of senior year came around 
and somehow I talked Linds into coming to the same college as me 
and thus we became roommates.
those 2 years of college were the best years of my life literally 
and every memorie has Lindsey in it somewhere
I remember the first night we were in our dorm it was about 1 am and 
we randomly decided we would play a card game 
so i climbed up on her bunk and we played that game for like 45 mins,
we spent many nights laughing at waffle house at 2 am,
decorated our hall for like 5 hours for Halloween,
made numerous trips to Asheville NC,
became friends with the peanut man,
discovered a secret cute little town called Highlands,
spent 6 hours scraping carpet tape off our floor with goo be gone
(this is probably one of our favorite memories)
There are just so many more fun memories I couldn't possibly list them all here 





God really knew that I needed Lindsey In my life
He has blessed both of us with a forever friendship
someone for me to call all the time and just talk to about the most random stuff
and she always seems interested even if its about dresses and manicures
(one day I will get her to go get a pedicure with me and put on a dress probably for my wedding)
but seriously Lindsey has always been that steady rock of a friend that I've always needed
and I am so blessed to have her in my life and to call her my best friend

Lindsey,
Thank you for always being there for me
Thank you for putting up with my craziness for all these years
Thank you for always making the effort to call and talk to me
you really don't know how much that means to me!
Thank you for just being you 
I always know I have a friend that will bring perspective to my life 
and help me do anything!
I love you like a sister 
and you will always be my best friend and roommate
even if we have not lived with each other for like 2 years now
always know that I am here for you and that you mean the world to me
and know that if you ever need anything that I would be there in a heart beat
no matter where I am in the world 
I Love you
Hannah






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...