Friday, December 2, 2011

James 1:27

Over the past semester 
Once a week I get to go and spend time with 13 cute little ones
I goe to hold them,
play with them,
laugh with them, 
kiss their little cheeks, 
hold their little hand,
cuddle them where they were sad
and somewhere along the way they worked their way in 
to a special spot in my heart.





my time at Hogar Nino Amor 
has been such a blessing to me
since I was a little girl I knew I wanted to help the orphans 
and being here has really showed me how much 
this need to happen 
even if its just for a short period of time in my life
every child matters 
they need love, 
they need someone to hold them when they cry, 
and someone to laugh and play with them.
they matter and I never want to become blind to that

everyone wont be called to live over seas and work with orphans 
but that doesn't mean we turn our back on them
in the bible we are called to care for the orphans (James 1:27)
so that means we should give our time for them
we can pray, 
we can donate, 
and we can support missionaries
who have dedicated their lives to serve orphans

So I encourage everyone to find a place to plug in
even if that means you are just praying for that organization and the kids they help!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...