Friday, December 9, 2011

Beauty

What really defines beauty?
is it what is in those magazines?
or what others think of you?
I struggled with beauty and acceptance in my life
Until I found my answer in the Bible

"your beauty should not come form outward adornment, such as elaborate
hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine cloths. 
Rather, it should be that of you inner self, the unfading beauty of a 
gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight"
1 Peter 3:3-4

Modern society leads young girls and women to believe that beauty
is determined buy how much you have
and the way you look on the outside.
Only the girls who are
the skinniest,
have flawless skin,
have perfect hair,
and own all the popular brand cloths
are the women who are considered beautiful
in the eyes of magazines and TV
  
as a young girl and teenager I really struggled with feeling beautiful 
I was self concision about everything
 from the cloths I wore to the acne on my face
there would be nights that I would sit in my room and cry
 because I believed that I was not beautiful
(and I'm not going to lie I still struggle with this)
But the Lord has really been working on my heart and helping me
truly understand beauty in myself and those around me
the Lord has given me people in my life who remind what real beauty is
Its loving you Lord and savior with all you heart.
Its acceptance of yourself and those around you flaws and all.
Beauty is Love
It comes from your own heart,
the way you carry yourself 
and you "gentle and quiet spirit"
that make you beautiful in the eyes of the Lord

What is something or someone that has reminded you that you are beautiful in the eyes of the Lord?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...