Thursday, August 18, 2011

Frustration

that is the word for my life right now.


Yes I am having such an amazing time here. I am forming lifelong friendships and seeing things I never in my dreames imagined I would get to see.


But I am also having such a difficult time here as well and it all centers around the language. When I signed up to Study Abroad I knew that I wanted to go to Latin America and learn spanish. I had in my head that I would come here pick up the language super fast and be fluent by september. Well lets just say that is not going to happen. I am having such a hard time learning the language here. My class is tought only in spanish which is where my frustration comes in. I can't understand the teachers so I find my self just in my own little world. So this is when the frustration really sets in. I want so badly to be able to just comunicate and understand but when Im in class im not getting anything accomplished. So Im trying to teach myself which isnt going so well. I talked to our advisors and they are working on getting me a tutor so hopefully I will be able to get extra practice and start pickinging Spanish up! Also a friend gave me a spanish software to learn from so I am starting that up tonight and I am determined to be able to communicate by the time I leave Chile!


I'm going to leave you with the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen I am compleatly in love with this City!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...