Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chillin in Chile

So I had a pretty calm weekend. Nothing planed and no where to be. It's really hard for me to just sit around here. I still feel like im on vacation and I should be out doing something every hour of the day. The reailty that Im here for 3 and a half more months hasn't set in and to be quite honest I dont really think it will. anyways back to the story of my weekend.

Friday was an international meeting with the Mayor of Vina. There was pictures being taken and interveiws with studends happening all around. They had a little press conference, some dancing and the main attraction wine, cheese and chocolate truffles. Im not much of a wine drinker but they did have some really good pineapple juice that was so so good!! Also friday I finally got my Chilian ID card. Since we were on student visas the police came in and got all our info and stuff and made us a card that we can use instead of carrying around our passports all the time Saturday was such a good day. We did nothing much at all. I meet up with 4 of my friends and we just explored around the city. We tried to go to a park here but it was closed. Then we headed off to find the museum that has the Easter Island statue out front. It was super easy to find but was closed so we didnt get to go inside and see what that was all about. Oh well! A boy here bought a guitar so we just sat outside the museum for like an hour or so and he played on that while the rest of us just listened and chated about. Up next was Leders. Its basically walmart here in Chile. They sell great value stuff and some other brands from walmart. We went in with a mission for some pj pants and came out with a some snakcs to. Its just so hard to resist pringles and candy!
Sunday fun day!
Jesse found a church so we this morning. I couldnt understand but I did recognize some beats to the songs. I dont know if I was saying the words right either but I just kind of sang alond anyways. We meet another boy after church that was from Alaska and found out there is a Bible study on mondays and a collge service on fridays. So now were have a little more stuff to add to our not so busy scheduals!! Later on in the after noon I meet up with some friends at a cafe called Mangos and had some really yummy chocolate cake! Then one of my friends came over to my house and taught me spanish. I find that everything I know I am learing from my friends outside of class. kinda frustrating since im paying a wad to be here but oh well there nothing I can do about that!! Sundays are pretty chill here everything is basically closed so there isn't much to do but hand around watch movies and catch up on some home work so thats been my day today.
Sometimes I don't know what to say on here and as I wrote this little blog I realized that I was just basically giving you a play by play of my day. Thats kinda wierd but what ever its all I got for now!


there sunsets are so beautiful here. I know I say this so much but seriously they are. I can't look at one and not see Gods amazing fingerprint on this world.

hope eveyone has a wonderful Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...