Sunday, September 4, 2011

Walkin In the Clouds

So on Saturday Tawni, Jesse, Kyle and I ventured off to a national park about 45 minutes away from Vina. It was such a beautiful place!
The day started off really early, 8:30 to be exact. We had to take a train for about 25 minutes and then a bus the rest of the way. We accidently got on a but that didn't drop us off right at the park entrance and we had to walk a pretty good distance to get to the park when the bus dropped us off. Lets just say I was already huffin and puffin with just the little walk just to get into the park!
I didn't really know what to expect with the park. I just thought oh a national park it will be like Sweet water park near my house in GA. Well this sure was not like that at all. It was a huge mountain and I was not prepared for that!! I didn't wear the right cloths or bring the right stuff with me!
We didn't have a set route for us we just kind of picked which way as we went. Our first stop was only about 20 mins in and had a old mining cave and views of the big ol' mountain that we were about to hike. Jesse and Kyle went off into the caves and used the flash on their cameras to see where they were going. Tawni and I opted to stay outside and "rock climb". We took off next up the mountain and hiked for a good 3 hours up. We didn't make it all the way to the top that is about a 9 hour hike and we didn't have the time for that before the park closed. Our goal was to get up to the clouds but we just didn't think it was going to be possible because they were pretty high up. But at our last stop they just sank down and we got to walk up in the clouds for about 10 minutes. It was so beautiful and quite up there! I loved being able to hear the river flowing blow us, that is one of my favorite noises!



It was a super long day but worth the blisters on my feet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...