Monday, September 26, 2011

Peru


this past week I got the opportunity to travel around the country of Peru
I feel so blessed to have gotten the chance to see the things we saw and do the things we did
during this trip I really feel in love with Peru 
(I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up back there someday)
Peru such a totally different place compared to home and even Chile
 words and pictures really can't even begin to describe it
there are places that don’t have running water or electricity
they still uses mules and cows to plow their land
kids have walk long ways to school on empty stomachs
or they may not even have the opportunity to go
the women take trips down to the nearest creek to wash their cloth
Peru is full of culture
It’s beautiful
It’s old
It’s full of poverty 
but the people their love their home
they take pride in where there from and who they are

I really feel guilty for everything we got to do and see
I spent my time in tourist towns and on buses 
I never once got the chance to step off the bus into those villages along the highway
I never got to walk around those small towns
I only saw the way they lived through a window
but it was through that window on those long bus rides
that God gave me the chance to really see Peru
He opened my heart and my eyes to a different side of life in Peru
and I hope one day He gives me the opportunity to return
and serve in the Sacred Valley of Peru 











over the next week or so I am going to tell you about my trip to Peru day by day
so stay tuned!

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...