Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wake Up Call

So last night I was resting oh so peacefully
when at about 4 AM I'm woken up 
by what you may ask
a EARTHQUAKE
yep that's right.
it was such a weird experience at first I didn't really know what was going on. It was 4am and I was kinda out of it. But then once I woke up a little bit I instantly knew it was an earthquake and not just a dream.
I woke up to my bed shaking a lot and the whole time I just stared at my mirror. It was rattling so much i could just see it being jolted around. The quake lasted about maybe a minute or so. I'm not quite sure and there was defiantly some aftershocks. My heart was racing the whole time I seriously could calm down for like 30 minutes after it was over. It was such a weird feeling I don't know if I could ever explain it.
It was just yesterday that some friends down here said that there was a tremor earlier that day and Tawni and I didn't feel it. We were bummed for some reason and talking about how we wanted to feel a real earth quake. I guess you could say we got our wish 
 Now that I'v experienced one I could live without another one the rest of my life. 

Earthquakes are a natural thing here in Chile so I wouldn't doubt if we didn't feel a few more the rest of our time here!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...