Monday, September 12, 2011

10 Years Later

Its hard to imagine that it has been 10 years since 9/11. It so mind blowing to me to think about I can remember that day like it was yesterday. Its probably one of my most vivid childhood memories.

My account of 9/11:
I was in the 6th grade at the time In Mrs. K's class. We had just returned from the library when the front office called for me to go home. I thought it was so weird because I didn't have anywhere to go. So I thought maybe I was getting checked out for a fun surprise. I got up there and it was my dad checking me out and that instantly made know something was up. My dad didn't tell me anything when he got me we just drove over to my moms school. I think the minute I knew something was really wrong was when we went to my moms school and he told me we were going to stay there for a little while. When I walked up to the front door they had a police officer standing there, strange. So once we got there I knew immediately that there was some bad stuff going on but didn't quite know what yet until I went to go see Mr.Crow and I saw the TV. I don't think I really knew what was going on I saw the towers burning and at first I didn't think it was real. But then the I watched the First tower fall on the TV and the reactions around me told me that this was real and it was serious. I was immediately scared. The school put me to work there were so many parents coming and getting their kids that they were sending me to go and find the kids. Finally once the school day was done we all went home. I remember going home and sitting in my room watching the news in just pure shock  We live in America things like this don't happen here I was so scared. I remember hearing that they had targets in Atlanta. So all I could think about was someone blowing up my neighborhood or my school. Later that evening Chase, Jeremy and I were sitting down at the bottom of my hill and talking about what was going on. I remember laying back on my back and looking at the sky. I can still see that sky in my head now. I can still remember the fear I had for weeks after when I went to bed. I didn't know anyone in New York City at the time but I think like every American we all mourned the loss of all the innocent people from that day. Not a week goes by without 9/11 crossing my mind. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...