Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It All Started With A Bus Ride

so we left really late on Wednesday the 14th 

we climbed onto a bus from Vina to Santiago
It’s about a 2 hour ride 
got to the bus station found a taxi and headed off to the airport
we got to spend 8 lovely overnight hours in the airport hanging out at Dunkin Donuts 
(I tried a Boston Manjar yesterday and it was just pure joy in my mouth)
so our flight left Santiago at 7 AM
we flew PAL airline from what I can understand it like the last choice of Chileans 
but I think it was pretty nice besides the face that the cockpit door would sling open when we took off
and we took off like 3 times it stopped like in 3 cities on the way up to Arica
Once we landed in Arica we grabbed a taxi and headed off across the border
It takes about an hour and a half to get across the border and to the next destination Tacna Peru
In Tacna we grabbed the first bus out  
we also grabbed some food because by this time it was like 1 and we still had not eaten yet
our bus left at like 1:30 Peru time (3 PM Chile time) 
this bus ride was about 7 hours long to Arequipa Peru
it was a pretty smooth bus ride through the desert of Peru
we got into Arequipa around like 9ish or so 
our next bus left at 9:30 
it was an overnight bus to Cuzco
this is where all the action took place
about 4 hours into the 12 hour ride I woke up really sick
I woke Tawni up because I was kind of freaking out a bit
I never get sick and I just knew that the food we ate earlier made me sick
So I proceed to the restroom on the bus
and at the same time I get up to go Phil wakes up really sick to
but he was really dizzy 
Tawni was passing out drugs to us and Phil was not responding 
so she just forced this pill down his throat
I somehow manage to get back to the seat after laying in the floor the of the bus in the back 
and then the floor next to our seat
I climb up in the seat with Phil and we sit in misery for a few minutes
I made it back to my seat and was miserable the rest of the bus ride
We make it to Cuzco and by this time it’s Friday the 16th 
we head off to get our tickets into Machu Picchu and our train tickets there
our train was from a town about an hour and a half away so we had to grab this taxi van thing 
it was so pretty driving through the country side of Peru
our train left from a really cute town called Ollantaytambo
we made out train and headed out to Machu Picchu city
as soon as we stepped off the train we were swamped with people wanting us to stay here or buy this
it was super overwhelming but we found a cute little hostel along the river
Macchu Picchu city is really small and literally the only thing to do was shop
so when did we do? 
well we shopped for hours
we all got some really fun stuff
Peru is really cheap compared to Chile

this was the most stressful part of the trip
we were rushing to get to Machu Picchu because this was the main thing on our to-do list
we made it 1904.8 miles in less than days
It was defiantly the most tiring part of the trip but still super fun!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...