Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Taken it Back Tuesday!

So today i am going to go back on a good memory of a day last may.

So when Lindsey Sirmons and I moved in to Rollins at Young Harris I was given a bunch of carpet by Alyshia Powell's husband. So on move in day my mom get us some carpet tape to keep the carpet down. Come to find out a year later, while we were trying to get our room cleaned up for move out, that this was like serious tape. like it isn't just to hold a rug down or a piece of carpet. We started in the middle of the room for some reason. I don't know our logic behind that but its what we did. Well that part came up beautifully just a little Goo Gone. Well there was only one more strip left and it was on the edge where we walked the most. Well the carpet came of the tape so easy but that tape well it sure did not want to come off that floor!

So we started the adventure of getting that tape off. So our supplies for this project consisted of 2 metal scraper things and about 3 big bottles of spray Goo Gone.

We work and we work and we work for about a good 6 hours with a little break in between to get more Goo Gone. After all this time we finally got it up for the most part, enough up that we could pass our room inspection anyway.

this was such a fun time for me and Lindsey to laugh, laugh, bond and spend our last few days as roommates. I cant help but laugh a little when I look back at the picture I have of us crawling around our floor, scraping for endless hours at some nasty goo and having nasty sticky skin for like a day after we were done.

Lindsey Sirmons has been such a wonderful friend and this is just one of the many funny memories that I have with her!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...