Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Strange, but Wonderful Day


If you know one bit you know that I am a HUGE lover of anything sweet!! Right now I seem to be on a chocolate kick. So today on my little trip to Publix I decided that I needed a cup cake that was vanilla with chocolate fudge icing. well they didn't have just one that I could buy so I got them to make a special one for me and boy was it good or what!! not only did it have the chocolate fudge yummieness but it was Publix cake which in my opinion is the best!!! Sadly this was the highlight of my day today

It was such a weird day for me. My roommate already left for the weekend/rest of the week so I have been enjoying the freedom to have the tv off today and just rest all day. I took two long naps which is super wierd for me because I just don't take naps never have. So to take two in one day has really thrown me off. Don't get me wrong it has been so nice to relax all day but now at 12:30 I am wide awake, when i was really hoping to actually go to sleep before 2:00 AM for once. but enough with that.

Today at Chapel our campus minister made a statement that has kinda hung out with me all day. He was talking about a statement that a man who survived 911 said when he spoke at school. That statement something like He was coming out of tower one and everyone around him was sure they were going to die the tower was starting to fall and they were out of the building but still very close to it. As the building was falling they got in a huddle and every one was starting to cry out for God. this was a mixture of people, they were not all Christians. What is so interesting about this statement is that when you think about a tragedy you always here people crying out to God, never anyone like Allah or any other gods out there its always Jesus that they turn to for comfort. I think back on the tragic times in my life and remember how much I was crying out to God for help and hope and then I think about all the time in my life when everything is going just perfect. I think about how stagnant my walk with Christ is at some points. I guess what I am getting at is that all people search for a hope and a future especially in times of tragedy. We should approach every day as if its a tragedy, we should fervently seek God with every day that passes. We don't know what tomorrow hold but for the moment that were in we should be living like Jesus did when he was on earth. We should work everyday to further His kingdom and show the Love that He has showed us.

I know thats kinda jumpy but its just been my day and the thoughts that have gone on in this crazy head of mine as I napped


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...