Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Light at the End

so a lot of things have happened the past two weeks
the first week of school I meet with my adviser about classes and graduation dates
I knew I was behind at least a year but 
when my adviser told me I wouldn't graduate until 2014 
I immediately started to cry
I was not prepared for that answer 
I had it planned in my head that I would graduate next may
so 2014 was a shocker
My adviser obviously saw how upset I was about this and she suggested a new plan for me
she told me about a program called interdisciplinary studies
she told me how I could get this degree and then go and get my masters in Health Promotions
and I would have the same job/title if I went that route
she sent me off with some papers about it and told me to go and do some research
I spent a few hours looking over my transcript and the classes for the program
and decided that this would be something good for me to do
I went and meet with the adviser for the program 
and everything just feel into place
and the best thing of all was that I was going to get to graduate in December.

So now I am in the Social Science Interdisciplinary program
I am taking classes in sociology and communications
and I'm loving every minute of it
I feel like this is where I'm supposed to be
I still don't  know exactly what the future holds after I graduate
but I do know that God has a plan for my life 
and the its a perfect plan 
so I'm not going to worry or stress about it
I'm just going to enjoy this last year of college!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love how God turned a stressful situation into something great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...