Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Isaiah 6:8

So school is back in full force only one week in
I already have quizzes and home work
but I wanted to write about Passion 2012 before it got away from me

so 2 weeks ago now I went to passion 2012 
and if you don't know what it is 
its basically AMAZING
its a conference for Jesus for college aged students
there is amazing speakers, 
ineradicable worship leaders,
and 44,000 of your closest brothers and sisters in Christ

this year was so much different than last year
there was almost double the amount of people 
and the set up of the even was entirely different
but it was still just as amazing
this year the main focus of the conference was
freedom
right now in the world there is 27 million slaves in the world
that more than there as ever been in the world
there were speakers who work trying to rescue women, children and men from slavery.
there was a short film made that told the testimony of four people
who were trapped in slavery but were able to escape.
I think the most heart wrenching part for me was when a lady from Atlanta
came up a told about slavery in Atlanta, my home 
the place where I grew up is now the largest hub for slavery in the US
I was shocked and horrified that 20 minutes from my house there were little girls and women
being forced into prostitution and sex slavery.
the whole time all I could think about was my little Jenna 
she is at the age where she could very well be out there and knowing that 
made me scared and angry all at the same time
I would do everything in my power to rescue here if something happened 
this conference bought awareness to everyone there
but with awareness there needs to be action
because without action there will be no change!!
 Our first step of action at the conference was giving financially 
the goal this year was one million dollars in 3 days
well we reached our one million mark the second day
and by the end of the conference we raised 3,066,000 
all in the name of Jesus to help END slavery 
and bring hope and a future to people all around the world!!

durring my time at passion God really spoke to my heart
the verse that continued to pop up for me was 
Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the lord saying "Whom shall I send? and who will go for us?" And I said "Here am I. Send me!
I want this verse to be true of my life
I want to be courageous enough to say to the Lord 
Send me, Use me in what ever way
so that is my verse for this year 
It will be something that I am continually praying about and acting on
so I ask you to pray along with so that I have the courage to act 
thanks so much and have a blessed day!





2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to go to Passion! I heard it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...