Friday, March 11, 2011

Francesca Battistelli - Free To Be Me



Last night Kelsey and I went to WinterJam down here in Charleston. It was such an awesome concert/worship service!! all 10 of the bands were incredible but the thing I looked most forward to was hearing Francesca Battistelli I have been a huge fan of hers since i first heard her songs on the radio.
She sang the song Free to Be Me last and as I stood and listened to this so it occurred to me that this song is my life right now!!

"At twenty years of age
I'm still looking for a dream
A war is already waged for my destiny
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can't always see, 'cause..."

First of all I am 20 years old right now and like the song say I am still looking for my dream. Its so weird to think that I am 20 years old. For that dream part I find my biggest worry comes from what am I going to do with this degree or is this even what I want or what God wants me to be doing? I find myself seriously stressing about this at night. I have to constantly remind myself that God already has his plan for my life that is so perfect that I could never come up with it! The second half of those lyrics talk about my battle already being won for me. I may not know what tomorrow brings for myself but what I do know is that God will be there right beside me no matter what!!

"I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
And on my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me"

I find myself trying to fix all my problems on my own sometime. I get frustrated easily when things don't go exactly as I plan them to or something falls apart. I get so busy with this world that I forget that I have perfect Savior who will help me put my life back together.

"When I was just a girl
I thought I had it figured out
See my life will turn out right
And I'll make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt, 'cause...
"

I can remember when I was a little girl I would imagine my future. I would see myself with lots of babies and married to some cute man that had a airplane. I'm not gona lie i still would like to find someone with a plane but really that's not to big of a deal. But my life has been far from fairy tales and airplanes, I have faced some huge challenges in my life some causing me to doubt and other drawling me near to my savior. I'm not going to lie and say I look back on those times and see how they have strengthened me but what I do know is that God never left me during those times. He brought amazing people into my life that helped me no matter what!!


"Sometimes I believe
That I can do anything
Yet other times I think
I've got nothing good to bring
But You look at my heart and you tell me
That I've got all You seek
And it's easy to believe, even though.."

Gosh this statement says it all. I have days even weeks where I know where I'm going and I am so confident in what I'm doing. But then i have those days that i am so discouraged and out of it that I just want to crawl into a hole and sleep. But God is greater than all the good and bad days I have. He knows my life and he knows where I'm going and will take care of me the whole way through life!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...