Sunday, March 27, 2011

China on my Mind

I recently watched Eat Pray Love again. I just love this movie it just make me want to get out into the world, Discover new things, meet people from all walks of life. Well as I sat and watched this movie i started thinking about the months to come and all the extremely exciting things that I am going to get to do.

My freshman year of high school I meet a girl named Wei from China. We became instant friends. I couldn't help but gravitate towards her and love her. She is such a sweet girl and loves everyone she meets. She reminds me what love should be like.To love everyone and to love unconditional. So we got to spend one year in America becoming friends learning about each other and the different cultures we live. After a fun year in America Wei had to return home and finish her schooling. But we still continued to keep in touch through email the past 4 or so years. Well this past August Wei started school at University of Michigan and we were finally able to communicate through the phone I think I may have shed a few tears when she first called me I was so excited to actually hear her voice. This past Christmas she came back to Hiram and spent the holiday with her host family from high school I was able to finally after 5 years see Wei and spend the day catching up with her!! It was such a fun day and really kinda of surreal day I never actually thought I would get to see her again but I did.
This summer I am getting the most incredible opportunity to go and spend time with Wei and her family in China. I will get to see a place that I have only ever dreamed of visiting and I get to do it with one of my most dear friends. I am so excited to get to see her home and meet her family and it will all be happening in just a few short months!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...