Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aprons

So I got the wise idea that I would sew some aprons a few weeks ago when my friends and I were talking about cooking a full on 5 course meal. I figured we needed fun aprons to cook them in! So last Friday I enlisted the fabulous Lindsey Sirmons to help me with this task. I started buy goggling apron patterns and directions I ended up choosing a pretty basic one to start of with. I found this blog ( http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2010/03/full-apron-tutorial.html) and started the task of sewing.

So the first thing I did was gather all the scrap material and ribbon I had around the house and then I had to iron it because it was all super wrinkly. I found out that if you soak the fabric with water and then iron it that the wrinkles would basically disappear

after I ironed it I started cutting out the different pieces of the apron. I cut the base 28x19.5 the top 14x9.5, waste 28x3, I just kinda did the ties by eye

after I did all the prepping the sewing started. I was a tad nervous because I have not used the sewing machine in probably 2 years. So I started with a scrap piece and just practiced and played around with the different settings. the first thing I sewed was the pocket same with the ties I just made it the size I wanted. The cool thing about this pocket was that you sewed the two pieces for the pocket together then you sewed it to the apron. It was a double pocket and I don't know if it was supposed to be like this but it was and it was cool.

after i sewed the pocket on it was pretty much down hill from there except for the fact that the sewing machine kept breaking but Lindsey Sermons had the bright idea to goggle the machine and we found the way to fix it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...