Monday, May 21, 2012

Where it all Started


today is the first post in the new travel series that I am going to be doing
I am so so so excited to start this because 
traveling is who I am
I'm not content sitting in one place I want to see the world
I want to know how others live
but I don't want to just travel for fun 
I want to make a difference in the world
even if its just one person 

So today I am going to start with the first 10 or so years of my life
I took my first flight before I even turned a year old
and I continued flying lots and lots after that
I think these young years of traveling are what did it to me
they are what made me be a lover of anything travel
when most girls would be asking for makeup or a car 
I was asking for a luggage set or a trip here and there

I spent countless of days/weeks in Chicago visiting my grandparents
I don't remember many of those days 
(my childhood memory is basically non existent) 
but I do remember a few memories that I will always treasure.
summers in Chicago are beautiful!!
its the perfect temperature and weather
my grandparents lived like 45 min from the city
so we would take the train in and get to see it occasionally
I have an Uncle Ed who live right downtown and also owned a sail boat
I have the fondest memories one that boat I can picture sitting in the little galley area 
of the boat and feeling so cool because we were "underwater"
another time with Uncle Ed we went on a dinner boat thing
I don't really remember what It was for but I remember how much fun we had
we ran and ran through that boat 
someone was there making balloon animals 
which made for one great night in my little kid brain
Christmases are just as beautiful in Chicago 
I love going downtown to the old F.A.O Schwartz and exploring the store
and then going outside and ice skating
I loved those days!!

I look back and love that I got to spend time so much time 
as a child up in Chicago
I wish that I was still able to go and be there
but I'm just thankful for the time that I did have!

Not all travel post are going to be like this 
but I just think this is important (at least to me) 
in who I am
its what made me love going and seeing!!
the rest of the post will all differ some will be my suggestions 
others will just be about my time here and there
I just want to document where I've been and who I am!!

I hope you have a blessed day!
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses let us
throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. and let
us run with perseverance the race marked out for us
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...