Saturday, August 4, 2012

Where Has the Time Gone?

this time last year I was just settling into a whole new world.
I was starting an adventure that changed my life.
looking back it all seems like a beautiful dream
I remember sitting in the library at my school and crying 
because I was so frustrated with anatomy.
It was in that moment that I knew I needed a break from school.
It had always been a dream of mine to study abroad. 
so the next day I went to our study abroad coordinator and found out the details
and by the end of the week I had a destination picked out and an application in!


from the moment that I arrived in Chile I knew that it was going to 
be an experience unlike anything I had ever experienced.
I've traveled all over through out my life but never for this long and never alone.
I was extremely nervous and scared.
I didn't know what to expect from my host family or the culture.
But my nerves were quickly settled as began to meet other students and settle into my new home.
I was given opportunities to travel all over South America
I saw places I never dreamed I would see like
Machu Picchu and the Patagonia.
I am so grateful that God allowed me these opportunities.
My time in Chile changed me.
I made many memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.
I made friends who will always hold a special place in my heart
and I meet a group of little ones that impacted my life so much.
It was those weeks of loving on little ones who don't know the love of a family 
that gave me the passion to spend the rest of my life serving 
children who need to be reminded that their loved, cared about and wanted!

        











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...