Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First ER visit

every Wednesday I volunteer at MUSC children's hospital
I play with the little ones for a couple hours a day
we do crafts and play with toys 
and just have fun!

well last week I had to wear a mask while I was there
after about 30 minutes I started not feeling very well
so I told the little one I had to leave 
and as I was walking out the door I passed out 
I don't know how long that I was down but I woke up and they were 
just staring at me and asked if I was okay 
I got up and shut the door to the patients room and as I was trying to walk
away I passed out again but this time a nurse had walked around the corner and saw me
I don't really remember falling on the ground or anything 
but I remember the nurses asking me If I was okay and not being able to respond
once I realized what was going on I tried to sit back up 
the nurse was helping me and got me to stand up but I just wanted to sit
back down so they one of the other nurses went and got a chair 
and as I was going to sit back down I passed out a third time 
so at this point the nurses called a Med Code (think that is what they called it)
basically a doctor and a nurse with all the machines came to where I was at
they hooked me up a machine that took my blood pressure and heart rate
they asked me a bunch of questions and pricked my finger to check my blood sugar
I kept trying to refuse them taking me there 
one of the nurses told me that If I didn't want all this attention for passing out
I should have passed out at the Burger King cause they would have just let me go

they eventually told me that I had to go to the ER and they were going to take me
on a stretcher but I just refused to go on that so a pediatric wheel chair it was
my legs were way to long for it I had to hold them out in front of me 
I'm sure I looked like a doof riding through the hospital
but I got to the ER and had to sit in the little room for like 30 minutes
just for the doctor to come in listen to my heart and lungs, 
ask me to resist him pushing hands out 
and to tell me I probably just wasn't getting a lot of fresh oxygen 
in the mask I wearing.

I've passed out like one time before but never long times like this time
during this whole thing I couldn't quit laughing at myself
something like this would happen to me 
the rest of the day I felt really weird but I have been fine ever since



1 comment:

  1. Glad you're okay and could laugh about it! What a scary situation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...